Corporate and Business Law
SJL has a long history of providing a full suite of corporate and commercial legal services working with local and multi-national clients to structure and advise on all aspects of corporate commercial law and transactions. Our legal services focus on working alongside clients offering corporate counsel through the full business cycle from initial start-up through business growth and onto succession planning or sale.
Our lawyers advise and assist clients in all aspects of organizing business ventures and operations including new or start-up companies and existing businesses whether sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and various other business structures.
We offer a wide-range of legal advisory services bringing in-depth acumen in negotiating commercial agreements, purchase and sale agreements, shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements and other business agreements. SJL’s corporate and commercial services include:
- Business Structures & Organization
- Not-For-Profit & Charities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Reorganizations & Tax-efficient Planning
- Asset or Share Purchases & Sales
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder Relationships
- C-suite level compensation & employment
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Planning
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Indigenous Business Structures